Even though I wear "Halloween" items to work all year round, it's nice to really concentrate my wardrobe efforts at this time of the year. In other words, I'm wearing it all....together! Hahahaa!
I featured this Headless Horsemen brooch by Summer Blue Jewelry on a Kitsch Picks and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Wearing brooches and pins have always been something I add to outfits, it brings in a little flair and adds a little something to an other wise plain sweater, dress, etc. I always think that more is more when it comes to accessorizing. Just dooooooo it! (said in a creepy ghostly voice) Hahahaah!!!!
Our friend Leslie is such a dear, last week I came home from work to discover she gave Derek this awesome skeleton hands top (that she made) to give to me! How awesome is that?! Black and white. Check! Spooky motif. Check! Made with love by a friend. Check!
I'm not inspired to sew for myself, but once I put on this sleeveless boat neck style top, I knew I wanted to try and make this style for myself. I love the fit! Maybe I'll try and draft my own pattern......maybe.
I'm not taking this off!
I am always grateful to have such thoughtful and talented friends. Thank you Leslie!!!!
These are original Retro-a-go-go! artwork inspired by the creepy and oversized Halloween plastic masks that were popular in the 1950s through 1970s. They have taken that inspiration and made them into metal signs! Love it!
I pulled out my Vamp Dress by Mode Merr and wondered to myself why I have been shying away from such form-fitting clothing. I slipped into this little black number and quickly realized why it's in my closet...it's amazing! Stretchy, but has good structure and it's a good base piece in which I can layer with cardigans, vests, etc.
Yeah, I'm wearing a 'regular' bra with an off-the-shoulder dress. I think it still looks good!
Blahhhh, I'm a bat!
Have you recently re-discovered something in your closet?
Hello there! How was everyone's weekend? Saturday I worked at the shopas per usual, and wore this spider web long sleeve top along with my Lydia Brooch by Jubly-Umph.
I added a piece of lace to the Lydia brooch, which I like the way it looked, yet it didn't make the cut after the photos were taken. The white lace was flopping over too much, so I'm going to have brainstorm some more and not try to slap it together 5 minutes before I should be done getting ready. (Yes, I try and give myself a time limit for hair/makeup and dressing)
I would like to point out all of Jubly-Umph's Lydia items. All of the other the artwork is amazing, but Lydia steals my heart. Sigh....
Welcome to This Old Goth Haus : Halloween addition! I'm so excited to share some bits and bobs of Halloween decor at our haunt! Of course, the outside decor looks so much better lite up, but doesn't make for a great photo. Boooo!
Halloween wreath on the front door.
Lanterns and tissue paper bat balls hang from the archway. Our vulture is perched on the Tiki idol along with a lantern on the side table.
(Pardon the cords) Blow molds and light up pumpkin spider and bat. So silly and fun!
No surface is safe! Tombstones and witches and vampires, oh my!
I had to have that pile of skulls, it just makes the house so much more cozy. LOL!
The credenza is full of Halloween fun!
The kitchen shelves just got put up, so we can display our vintage pieces and blow molds.
Having a vintage Halloween-inspired kitchen just makes me smile!
I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into our world, it's been so much fun decorating the house for our first Halloween! I've already bought lots of candy as we can't wait for the trick or treaters!
I toned my hair Monday and it turned my hair silvery/lavender, which wasn't on purpose, but is fine. The irony is that this is the color I had been trying to achieve when I was making the effort to have lavender hair. Hahahaha! Oh well, just going with it!
I have been trying to cycle through all my leggings and take them out into the world. There is something about styling a pair of fun patterned leggings with a little black dress and boots that just makes me so content. Perhaps that's why I want my legs covered in tattoos, due to my love of patterned legs!
I hope you have a great Sunday! Derek and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary!
I was so excited to find that the Beistle Company offers their vintage Halloween designs from the 1930s/1940s as modern day reproductions!!!! What's even better is that they offer some of their designs as FREE downloads, like the these vintage Halloween tags and Coffin Candy Box. Visit the Vintage Beistle website for more vintage Halloween goodies!
I've been making a point to wear different clothing combinations for the weekends. I work at a clothing boutique and though I love my job, I need to "dress up" everyday, so I feel like being lazy on the weekends. Argh! So, I'm trying to find a happy medium between wearing fussy fashion and comfy cute, hey I just made that up. LOL!
Since Derek and I went out shopping for Halloween items (once again!), I threw together this outfit in which I was quite pleased. I picked up this striped skater skirt from H&M months ago and haven't worn it due to being conscious of it making my bottom portion look wide. In reality, once I put something on, I just go with it! I tell that little voice of insecurity to "shut up", it's only clothes!
Derek and I had a nice time spending the day together and even went to the Mall! *Gasp* I wanted to explore what the stores has to offer and get some exercise while we window shopped. I have to admit it was sorta fun!
Ms. Mary Bart from Mourning Glory Designs tagged me for the Halloween Tag! The tag is to answer the 13 questions and then tag 5 more bloggers. Fun fun fun!!!
1. Favorite Halloween song?
2. Witch or Vampire?
3. Favorite thing about Halloween?
4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon?
5. Skeletons or Zombies?
6. Favorite Halloween candy?
7. Favorite Halloween movie?
8. Favorite Halloween costume?
9. Favorite Halloween store?
10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no?
11. Bats or Black Cats?
12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday?
13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate?
1. Favorite Halloween song? "Everyday is Halloween" by Ministry. Yes, I'm cliche. Hehehe!
2. Witch or Vampire? I was addicted to Anne Rice in high school and got addicted to watching True Blood=Vampires.
3. Favorite thing about Halloween? I consider the whole month of October to be Halloween, so I would have to say that celebrating our wedding anniversary and shopping for everyday household items with Derek to be my favorite things.
4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon? Halloween party, hands down. I don't care for scary movies and I don't like to be frightened.
5. Skeletons or Zombies? Skeletons. They just make me smile!
6. Favorite Halloween candy? All of it. Hahaha! I used to have a terrible sweet tooth and was addicted to sugar, now I control myself but.......it's HALLOWEEN CANDY. Yum, yum, yum!
7. Favorite Halloween movie? Beetlejuice. Some may not consider it a Halloween movie, but I do! We also watch The Addams Family movies, Sleepy Hallow, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.
8. Favorite Halloween costume? When Derek and I dressed as Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux and I have to give a shout out to my Lucy from Bram Stoker's Dracula, as I put a lot of effort in to that costume.
9. Favorite Halloween store? We have the Spirit store, which isn't my favorite, yet they open up just for the Halloween season. I would like to mention the best Halloween selection this year has been Home Goods/TJ Maxx
10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no? Yes. YES. YESSSSS!!!! I just added some jack-o-lantern blow molds to our collection!
11. Bats or Black Cats? Bats. I like cats, but they make me sneeze. :(
12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Yes. I celebrate it everyday!
13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate? Neither. *Gasp* I know. I don't care for pumpkin spice in liquid form, I prefer pumpkin spice scones, biscotti and other goodies.
That was fun, thank you Mary for tagging me! My tags are:
It never hurts to dress in theme and seeing as we had our artisan baker friend Jenn of LoveDarla in store, wearing my cupcake dress was a no-brainer. I love these jumper style dresses as they are so easy to layer and style so many different ways!
I got my wish for cooler weather, so much so that we turned the heat on. Since I live in a 1887 year old house (I affectionately call, "This Old Goth Haus"), I was a little more than hesitant to touch the thermostat, but with a loud "clank" and a "thud", the boiler kicked on! We've been saving for a new boiler since we first moved in and let's just say I was elated that all the radiators are heating up and the boiler is responding wonderfully. Our little home is nice and warm and it truly feels like Autumn.....especially since Derek is currently frying up some apples.
Sunday is Funday for Derek and I, so who knows what this afternoon will bring. Halloween decorations are mostly hung and we've accomplished little household tasks, so today is wide open! Hrmmmm....I'm sure we can come up with some trouble to get into. *Wink*
Ohhhh it's been a while since I've done a Kitsch Picks, but I'm going to try and feature Halloween goodies all month long!
I can't get enough of Summer Blue Jewelry's Halloween & Fall section! So many bats, spiders, jack-o-lanterns, oh my! Cute, creepy and kitschy?! Yes, please! Check out all of Summer Blue Jewelry's awesome creations on her etsy page and follow her on instagram, @SummerBlueJewerly.